Feel like you’re vacationing in paradise when you move to Riverview, Florida. The warm and sunny environment offers a peaceful place to appreciate nature. Locals love to adventure on trails, go fishing and refuel their energy at delicious restaurants.
There’s something for everyone to enjoy here, whether you want to grow your career, settle down to raise a family or retire. Begin planning your future in this beautiful city by learning about the area’s best neighborhoods, schools, employment opportunities and attractions.
Is Riverview, Florida, a Good Place to Live?
Founded in 1885, Riverview was named after the location’s scenic waterfront views of the Alafia River. Today, the city covers about 48 square miles and continues to attract new residents. Close proximity to the popular and thriving cities of Tampa and Brandon provides a convenient commute for jobs and many ways to make memories with friends and family at nearby restaurants, shopping centers and attractions.
Spend a day having fun at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, which is only 30 minutes away. Across the theme park’s 335 acres, you’ll find thrilling roller coasters, animals like giraffes and zebras, award-winning shows, tasty food and seasonally themed events. Other well-favored entertainment in the area includes The Florida Aquarium, where you can explore exhibits featuring creatures like sea turtles, otters and sharks.
If you love sports, this is the perfect place to live. Nearby, you can see Tampa’s football, hockey and baseball games. Locations like the Amalie Arena and the Raymond James Stadium also host fun concerts where you can spend your time singing and dancing to your favorite music artists. You can enjoy an assortment of other festivals and events here throughout the year.
Kickstart Your Stress-Free Move to Riverview!
Moving to the gorgeous Riverview, FL? Let our team of experts handle the heavy lifting! Find out more about our comprehensive moving services.
Demographics and Population
Today, there are almost 100,000 residents in Riverview. The total population continues to grow at a rate of 3.2% each year. There are a little over 71,000 adults, including about 10,000 senior citizens. The remaining 28,000 of the population consists of children and teenagers.
While there’s a wide range of ages within the population, the average age is around 36 years old. Altogether, the male-to-female ratio in the area is almost even, with about 48% of the residents identifying as male and 52% identifying as female.
According to the latest demographics, the area’s racial composition includes about 66% identifying as a white race, 19% identifying as Black or African American, 8% identifying as two or more races and the rest identifying as Asian, Native American or Other.
Cost of Living in Riverview, Florida
Living in Riverview costs about 3% less than the national average, and housing prices are around 13% less. The houses here cost about $183 per square foot, or a median of almost $400,000. On average, renters can expect to pay around $1,300 per month, with prices varying depending on the neighborhood.
The median household income is approximately $75,000 and $39,000 for individuals. If you plan to move here, you can use a cost calculator tool to learn how much you can expect to pay for housing, groceries, utilities and transportation expenses.
Comfortable and Sunny Weather
It’ll be like you’re always on vacation when you enjoy the warm climate in Riverview. The area sees an average of about 250 sunny days annually, compared to the national average of 205 days. On average, you can expect to experience comfortable temperatures ranging from 50 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Plenty of humidity and moisture keeps the surrounding grass and plants beautiful throughout the year. There are about 51 inches of rain annually. If you plan to visit the area, you can make memories outdoors with the most pleasant and refreshing weather during March, April and November.
Best Places to Live in Riverview, Florida
Whether you prefer a quiet and secluded location or want to live in a bustling neighborhood with lots of action, there are plenty of options to choose from here. Here’s a list of the safest and most beautiful communities in the area:
- Oak Creek: Oak Creek offers a family-friendly community of condos, townhomes and single-family homes in a prime location near private schools and the local airport.
- Ashley Oaks: The large oak trees and mature landscaping offer gorgeous scenery in this neighborhood with a community pool and single-family homes.
- Magnolia Park: Enjoy a lovely gated community including single-family houses, village homes and townhomes near excellent schools and shopping attractions.
- Boyette Springs: This small neighborhood of almost 7 square miles, named for its natural springs and ponds, includes a playground and recreational space for hiking, fishing, baseball and basketball.
- Lake St. Charles: This location is a family- and dog-friendly neighborhood situated around a 70-acre lake. It features a hiking trail, two playgrounds, lake activities, swimming pools and various fields and courts for sports.
- Bloomingdale Hills: The moderately priced houses in this community feature views of the lake and conservation land, with walking trails and space to picnic and play tennis, volleyball or basketball.
Schools and Education
The Hillsborough County Public School District includes many schools with high-quality education programs. Locals praise the Winthrop Charter School for its excellence in academics and extracurricular activities. The tuition-free public school offers an internationally recognized program for advanced learning in Grades K-8.
Another great option, Bell Creek Academy, provides middle and high school students with the same Cambridge Program as Winthrop. Students can gain the skills and knowledge needed to plan their college and career choices. The extracurriculars and clubs at this charter school encourage students to pursue their interests in business, politics, leadership, science, performing arts and sports.
There are plenty of employment opportunities available in Riverview. About 16% of the population works in office and administrative roles, 11% works in management, 8% works in business and finance, 10% works in sales and about 6% works in education or library roles. Some other occupations here are in the computer and math, food preparation and service, and health fields.
The area’s top employers include St. Joseph’s Hospital-South, BlueGrace Logistics and the local school district. Close proximity to Brandon and Tampa provides easy and quick commutes to many other workplaces across industries.
Safe Neighborhoods and Communities
If you’re looking for a safe place to live, Riverview is a perfect choice. There are many family-friendly neighborhoods and gated communities here. The location also has a lower crime rate than other state and national averages. Keep in mind that it’s best to continue practicing safety measures in any area you plan to visit or live in.
Top Attractions in Riverview, Florida
There’s something for everyone to enjoy in this city, whether you want to relax outdoors or have a fun adventure. Make memories participating in these well-favored activities in the area:
- Play golf: A golf enthusiast can practice their skills at the Summerfield Crossings Golf Club on a par 71 course, which features scenic views of rolling terrain with challenging obstacles.
- Go shopping: The charming and eclectic atmosphere of Winthrop Town Centre includes some hidden gems where you can shop at boutiques or dine at eateries.
- Explore a nature trail: The peaceful Bell Creek Nature Preserve has about 477 acres of trails and greenery to explore.
- Enjoy cosmic bowling: The glowing neon lights and music at The Alley at Southshore provide a fun atmosphere with 42 bowling alleys and a laser maze challenge.
- Attend a Sunday market: The cultural center and school named Wat Mongkolratanaram, also called Wat Tampa, hosts a market where locals and tourists can buy authentic Thai food to eat at picnic tables underneath the shade of oak trees. Shop with vendors selling gorgeous plants like orchids.
- Go on a fishing adventure: Four- to eight-hour fishing trips with Stealth Fishing Charters are the perfect way to sail around beautiful scenery.
- Learn about carnival history: A unique museum called the International Independent Showmen’s Museum offers a fascinating place to learn about the history of carnivals, ride a Ferris wheel and glimpse into performer lifestyles with a tour of antique wagons and trailers.
- Experience a taste of Greece: The authentic Greek menu at Acropolis Greek Taverna includes falafel and gyros. You won’t want to miss the high-energy atmosphere of the dinner theater, including Zorba dancing, belly dancing, napkin throwing, plate breaking and live music.
Plan Your Move With David McCarthy Moving
If you’re planning on moving to Riverview, let the experts at David McCarthy Moving help. Our fully licensed and insured company makes life transitions easier with smooth, stress-free moving services. We handle all aspects of your move from start to finish.
When you need to move your belongings from one home to the next, our highly trained and skilled team provides various solutions. Our company offers short- and long-distance moves to transport your items safely and quickly.
We can move it all — whether you need to transport your furniture and decorations, fine art collections, antiques and heirlooms or large and heavy pianos. We can also help you pack or store your items in our facilities to make the process as simple and convenient as possible. Need to relocate your business? We can do that too.
To learn more about our professional moving services, contact our team today!