You may need to move a far distance from your current home or business. David McCarthy Moving of Florida can take you to your new destination, whether you're relocating to a nearby state or hours away.
Since we have experience traveling all over the country, we can transport your belongings safely and efficiently. We also provide packing services and storage options to help you save time and energy during the moving process.
How Do We Handle Long-Distance Moves?
As a trusted long-distance moving company, we offer the following services.
- Packing supplies: A successful move includes having high-quality materials on hand to help you pack your belongings. David McCarthy Moving offers all the moving and packing supplies you need to make your move as convenient as possible. Choose from our wide selection of boxes and containers, and ask about our unique sizes if you need to move oddly shaped items.
- Pack, crate, and wrap: Besides supplying packing materials, we also offer residential and commercial packing services to secure your items efficiently and correctly. Our packing services allow you to save time on your move to focus on other tasks while we handle it all for you. We also sell packing supplies if you'd prefer to pack everything yourself.
- Moving valuable and fragile items: You may need to move items that require special attention, such as a piano or your family's antique collection. We'll provide the utmost care for your treasured belongings to ensure that everything arrives at your new location safely.
- Unpacking your inventory: After moving all your items to your destination, we'll help you unpack your boxes and set up your furniture. Our unpacking services allow you to save time on the moving process, so you can adjust to your new home more quickly. If you're a business owner, you can also focus on your work responsibilities and meet your new customers' needs.
- Storage: As you transition from one place to another, you might need to temporarily store your items in a safe, convenient location. We offer cost-effective, air-conditioned storage facilities to protect your belongings from the Florida heat. Choose from storage units of various sizes to accommodate all the items you need to preserve before moving.
How Far Can You Move With David McCarthy Moving Services?
From our headquarters in Southwest Florida, we provide services to the entire United States. As nationwide movers, we've gone to 36 states for our residential and commercial customers. We have the credentials and insurance necessary to bring you where you need to go from any part of the country. Our services allow you to save time and money to go back to work or get accustomed to your new home.
What Is the Process for a Long-Distance Move?
Follow these tips for your residential or commercial relocation.
- Create a plan: Start planning as soon as possible to provide more time to organize efficiently. You'll want to pack items you won't need until you move and schedule the transfer of all your utilities, lawn services, and subscriptions. If preparing for a commercial move, give your employees plenty of time to prepare and ask questions regarding your office relocation.
- Get in-home estimates from professional movers: Booking your interstate moving services at least a month in advance allows you to find a time slot that works for you. It helps to request estimates from several moving companies to get the services you need within your budget.
- Take inventory of your belongings: You should have a list of all the items you want to bring with you to pack, move and unpack more conveniently. As you relocate your items, you can use your inventory as a checklist to ensure you have everything. The movers can also use this list to know what to look for as they unpack.
- Downsize: Getting rid of the stuff you don't need in your new home or business can help you save money and time in the moving process. As you take an inventory of the items you want to bring with you, consider what you can leave behind. You can either throw out these items, have a yard sale, or donate them to a local charity.
- Pack the essentials together: Think about what you'll need for a successful cross-country move. Since you'll be packing in advance, it's helpful to have a "go-bag" with all the items you'll use during that time, such as a phone charger, medication, and toiletries.
- Consider moving off-season: The peak season for most interstate moves is summer and early fall. If you can be flexible, time your moving services differently to save time and money. You can also request that your relocation take place in the middle of the week instead of on the weekend when most other people book moving services.
How Is a Long-Distance Move Different From a Local Move?
A long-distance move is different from a short-distance move because it usually involves the transportation of goods across state lines. Interstate moves require the federal authority to move your belongings from one state to the other. A long-distance moving company also needs an insurance policy that provides coverage in different parts of the country.
Consider the specific ways a long-distance move differs from a local move.
- Long-distance moves need more preparation: Besides the emotional effects and stress involved with moving to a different part of the country, you'll also have to navigate more logistical details when you go through a cross-country move. Since you're going to a brand-new location, you need to find a place to live. You'll also have to book your long-distance moving services at least a month in advance to give the moving company time to prepare for bringing your belongings across state lines.
- Long-distance moves are typically more expensive: Since a cross-country move involves more time and energy than a local one, it usually costs more money. Booking your moving services in advance gives you time to save toward your moving budget. Before you hire a moving service, shop around and see what each company offers to get the best services at your price point.
- Long-distance moves require professional assistance: When you move down the street from your current home, you might be able to do it yourself or ask a few friends to help. On the other hand, it's usually challenging for your loved ones to take several days out of their busy schedules to help you move to another state. Instead, you'll need to research a reliable long-distance moving company with the insurance policies and credentials to bring your valuables from one place to the other safely.
FAQs About Professional Long-Distance Moving Services
When planning to move to another area of the country, it's helpful to proactively prepare to make the process as easy as possible. Gaining the information and insight you need can give you peace of mind. Learn more about how to hire long-distance movers with these common questions and answers:
At David McCarthy Moving, we're dedicated to making your move to another state more straightforward with the answers you need. If you have a question or would like help selecting suitable options and scheduling our services, feel free to call our team at 941-704-4278. We'll be happy to assist you!
Contact David McCarthy Moving for Your Long-Distance Move
Our team at David McCarthy Moving specializes in long-distance moves to safely and efficiently get you to your new home or business location. You can choose from the various packing, unpacking, and moving services we offer to accommodate your budget and lifestyle needs. Reach out to us online or call 941-909-3331 to start your move in the right direction.